Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Professor: Juan Miro
Program: Park Site Planning + Modern Art Museum Building Design
Energy park program intent:
* Provide an interactive learning environment for children and adults.
* Those who visit the park should come away with ideas and methods to incorporate energy conservation/renewable energy into their own daily lives. Exhibits should deal with energy use at the local and global level.
museum of modern art concepts:
* If the park functions as an oasis within the urban fabric, then on a smaller scale, the museum should become the urban fabric within the park.
* Museum buildings become the juncture between two form languages: the organic (natural) and the orthogonal (industrial)
* Provide a civic building that is open and accessible to all walks of life.
* Idea of monumentality should be dealt with in some way—berms may take on the role of the monumental.
*“Covering” (mounds/berms) as a representation of remediation strategy.